Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Making new ways to do things...

Today I led a clay labyrinth workshop.  We create ceramic finger labyrinths by tracing a path in clay.
Typically, we use a paper labyrinth to start and trace over that on top of the clay to transfer the pattern.  From there we move to deepening the lines and path with our fingers.  
Today I experimented with a new method to transfer the pattern to the clay.  Before the class I glued yarn in the form of the labyrinth to the back of the paper pattern.  
We used this paper to roll the design into the clay, creating a distinct line to then follow with our fingers.  It worked!  
It's great to have a way to make this process more accessible.  And thanks to my participants for being willing to try an experiment with me.  
I'm once again thankful for the opportunity to create space for making in this beautiful sanctuary space.




No comments:

Post a Comment