Friday, April 29, 2016

Revisiting...

I spent a few hours this morning revisiting collages.  Often, once I'd done a photo transfer I would put a collage aside thinking I'd get back to it. Then I moved on to something else.
Now, as I prepare for framing, I'm sorting through collage panels to see what's ready to go and what might need more work.  Here are 4 collages I added to today...
I mixed some greens back on top of the photo transfer and particularly liked the surprise of how the fibers in the paper mimic some of the lines in the vines.
I added more of the new spring greens among the trees.
For this one I added the Browns in the foreground to set off the reflection and the sky.
This image was inspired by the national arboretum last fall.  I added a second layer of colors with more attention to contrast and light and dark.

Yesterday I felt sort of frozen with anxiety... Will I finish everything?  Will people like my work?  How will I ever get it all together?  I woke in the middle of the night remembering the idea of practice - I set out on this path to help me remember to practice, to show up and make things.  When I return to that commitment, I get things done and, bit by bit, I begin to see how it can all come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment