Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Making and sharing space...

Today I focused on making space for others to create.
I spent the early afternoon with high school students and preschoolers.  I was there to talk about process-based art with the teen teachers and to demonstrate by offering opportunities for them to create with the kids.  
The best part was how the teens found themselves enjoying the space along with the young kids.  Several even noted how the process was surprisingly stress relieving and meditative.  I noticed the quiet in the room and the focus.

In the evening I led Sanctuary Studio time at St Aidan's and again again enjoyed the energy of sharing creative space.  In the quiet I noticed the rhythm and energy of drawing and coloring as others worked. My own practice focused on collage.
Here's the beginning of a new series of collages for art-o-mat...



No comments:

Post a Comment