Friday, July 15, 2016

Writing and clay

I spent time today writing.  It's a different sort of making and doesn't give the same sense of completion as work with my hands with materials.
At the same time it's a great way to practice reflection, honoring and sharing, particularly after a group gathering.  
For me to take the time to write and reflect on making in community offers an opportunity to share the experiences, connections and discoveries.  In the moment there is a sense of the privilege of getting to participate and witness as people create and share.  Telling a bit of the stories of the makers through writing afterward allows me to reflect and look for deeper themes and connections.  
Here's my reflection on Wednesday night's Sanctuary Studio gathering at St Aidan's.
http://sanctuarystudioreflections.blogspot.com/2016/07/sanctuary-studio-with-inspiration-from.html?m=1

I made a few more red clay touchstones and loaded the kiln with the finger labyrinths from last week's workshop.  They will fire Sunday but can complete their drying time in the kiln.  
I'm thankful to Anna Waters for these beautiful photos of the touchstone she left in the labyrinth in Chartres Cathedral after walking the labyrinth there today.


No comments:

Post a Comment