Monday, August 22, 2016

Mending...

So we had a full day running errands, meeting a wonderful dog sitter and generally preparing for vacation this coming weekend.
This evening I spent time hemming pants for my son.  We will have dinner with my grandmother tomorrow night and her community has a dress code that requires trousers for men.  So my making time was spent mending, hemming to be exact.
Not terribly exciting and yet, I'm reminded of how glad I am to know how to do this.  It's tedious but allows us to pull together dress code appropriate clothes at the eleventh hour.  AND I remember my sophomore year of college how working with an installation artist let me see how many of the making, sewing and building skills I'd grown up practicing were also art skills.  
So for today my making is mending.

No comments:

Post a Comment