Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Surprise

I find I am drawn to processes and materials that have a sense of surprise.  With photo transfers, it's the excitement of seeing the photo and collage colors come together when I first begin to peel back the paper...
...here are some photos of the process...happening right in my kitchen sink...
...and then drying on the baking rack once the cookies are put away.
The next step is more tedious as I try to piece together images from different pieces of paper to complete the image...
I'll have to patch a couple places where image rubbed off too and work to blend the seams in the already pieced images...
And a family outing tonight for one more visit to celebrate and participate in the "be the light" installation in Del Ray.  Seemed like a good way to honor the longest night of the year...







No comments:

Post a Comment